Friday, November 30, 2012

Too Tired to Jump


OK.  So, I haven’t jumped.  Yet.

It is a cliché, of course, but the re-election of Obama has given me hope.   Hope enough not to start planning to leave the country.  But, my energy has not kept up with my hope. 

Maybe it’s the time of year.  The waning of the light, passing to solstice.  The time of pulling in and reflecting.  I barely want to leave the house if I don’t need to.  Yet I am asked to do many things.  I have been asked to take over as coordinator for the Pierce County election observers.  I have been asked to consider being PCO for the local Democrats. I have been asked to become involved in the Green Party.   The local chapter of Washington Public Campaigns is looking for a new chairperson.   Occupy Tacoma is having regular meetings now.   Via email alerts, I have been asked to go to meetings on amending the constitution, trying to stop the coal train from coming to Cherry Point and freeing Leonard Peltier.  I’ve been asked to sign petitions to stop the Keystone XL Pipeline, fix the filibuster, stop indefinite detention, stop media consolidation and save the wolves.

Just writing it all down makes me tired.

I’ll think about it tomorrow….



No comments:

Post a Comment